Friday, October 28, 2011

Tahoe Bucket List





I hear people tell stories about their adventures, and then say I should add it to my "bucket list", the list we all should make of things to do, places to go and people to meet before we go for good (kick the bucket).  I have found that I rarely know what is on my "bucket list" until after I have experienced it, and have the feeling that my "musts" are not your "musts".  I could tell you that everyone should snorkel with sea turtles in Kauai,  give birth to a child, and stay up all night by a camp fire singing, but those are things on my list.  

I could also tell you to visit Lake Tahoe, California in fall, before it snows, and after all the tourists leave.  I go every year and I love it every year.  The colors are vibrant, the skies are clear and crisp, the water is so blue there isn't even language to describe it.  The Kokanee Salmon are like red ribbons underwater in Taylor creek.

Today we walked through a meadow above the lake, and the ground was yellow with leaves.  Fallen logs from last year littered the aspen grove in the meadow, and we balanced from log to log.  The only casualty was a few bee stings for my brother in law, and he accidentally provoked them.  I added the time to my "bucket list".

No comments:

Post a Comment