Monday, April 16, 2012

Love Armadillo



Last week after a lunch out with my husband, he bought me a hat.  I loved this hat before it was mine, in a "stuff-kind-of-love" way.  We walked on the sunny side of the street to keep warm after our meal.  We went into the hat shop, just to try on hats.  I like hats because they suit me.  

My husband loves me because I suit him.  He saw me hovering over this hat, and before we left, told me he was going to buy it.  It was "stupid" expensive.  It was in a tourist shop, so I knew I could get it somewhere else for a reasonable price, so I said no.  He said yes.  I said no.  He said yes.  I said, 'Okay'.

My husband made me feel worth full price and beautiful.  It made me feel like we were newly in love, like back in the early 90's (remember those?).  

I put the hat on, and wore it the rest of the day/week/month.  In the car on the way home from school, full of love in my heart, feeling as beautiful and cared for as a girl can feel just from getting a hat, my kids commented on my new fashion.

My son said I look good in hats.  My daughter said I looked like I had an armadillo on my head.  
http://stevecreek.com/
I didn't know how to feel about her statement.  It seemed true, but I didn't roll up into a little ball with my hard shell to the world.  

Later, wearing the hat, my friend, without provocation or talking to my daughter, told me I looked like I had the cutest armadillo on my head he had ever seen.  

It must be true, it looks like an armadillo.  When I look at it, I see I am worth loving for years, even decades.  

1 comment:

  1. At least you so armadillo on your head and not as a groom's cake (Movie's Steel Magnolia's).

    ReplyDelete