Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm On Fire



For my birthday in the summer I got an iPhone.  It goes against my pragmatism to get such a fancy (smart) phone, but I love it!  LOVE!  It has been 1/2 years since I got this new phone, but it is as if I just got it 5 minutes ago.  I have happily made an exception to my usual policy of practicality.

I have an application on the phone that is called Instagram.  It is a forum to share photos, much like Facebook, but just photos.  After you load a photo to Instagram, then you can put a filter on it or zoom in. It is pretty creative.  You can also look at photos that your 'friends' have taken.  I like it, because I really only like looking at people's photos on Facebook.

This month there has been a challenge to take a photo everyday on a theme.  The day I took this photo, the theme was 'close-up'.  This is my hair.  This is the fire that comes out of my head.  This is what I have to contend with, up-close.  

I used to be offended about the stereo-types and nick-names assigned to red heads.  Aren't stereo-types judgmental?  I don't want to be judged for something that I did not choose, or how I look.  

Finally after many years, I have relented. This brightly colored mop does tell you something about me.  I am fiery, I am temperamental, I'm hot-headed, I'm passionate.  My locks are curly and messy, and I'm in good literary company: Anne of Green Gables, Little Orphan Annie, Pippy Longstocking, Mary Jane.  I have little influence over the condition of my hair, much like my ego.  All I can do is take care of it/me, and accept it/me as I am, the package and the product.

My phone is helping me be happy being me, which is not you.  Just don't get me mad, because I can lose my temper quite easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment