Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Century Run


Several years ago I started running for exercises.   I started because it is a cheap way to get my heart-rate up, and if you live somewhere beautiful, like I do, it's a great way to get outdoors.  Those reasons do not make me a great runner, or even good.  I am not built like a runner:  I'm slow, I'm big, I walk up steep hills, if it's too cold I stay in, if it's too hot I stay in, if I'm injured I stay in, and what's more, I get headaches if I push myself under any of the aforementioned scenarios. (look at the stats in the photo to get an idea of my running mediocrity)  People have to really like me to go running with me.  I'm worth being with, but not as much on a run.

All those problems aside, I ran 100 miles!  I have run several times 100 miles over the last 3 years, but my phone didn't tell me.  I feel like I won an award, just looking at the number 100!  There are a few things/people I would like to thank for my milestone:



I have more to say about running, and I will, but just not today.  Also, don't ask me how long it took me to run 100 miles.  The main reason is I don't know, but I do know it was a long time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment